Tamales Colombianos recipe! A complete How to make tamales colombianos, recipe with list of tamales colombianos ingredients, food pictures and video on how to prepare tamales colombianos food. Easy as a-b-c tamales colombianos food instructions and chef notes.
Tamales Colombianos recipe step by step instructions, list of tamales colombianos ingredients, easy tamales colombianos food directions, all from GlobalChefService.com
Tamales are a popular food item that originated from Mexico, Central America and South America. Tamales Colombianos is a delicious version of tamales that is made in Colombia. This blog will look at what makes Tamales Colombianos different from other tamales.
Tamales Colombianos in English means Colombian Tamales, a variety of regular tamales in Colombian traditional version.
Tamales Colombianos is no doubt one of the most popular dishes in the world. But what makes it so popular? What makes tamales colombianos so good? It’s delicious and it’s one of the most amazing things you can eat. We highlight secrets behind making tamales colombianos. We will cover almost everything you need to know about cooking tamales colombianos. Here you will learn the exact ingredients needed to make tamales colombianos including few chef notes and tips.
This is a complete Tamales Colombianos recipe article, use below links to jump to sections.
Have you tried the tamales colombianos before? If you answered yes, you are aware of how great and tasty it is. But what if you have no idea how to make it? For your convenience, I’ve included a basic recipe guide.
Tamales Colombianos are a dish you’ll find in Colombia, especially during Christmas time. It’s a type of dough (masa) filled with several different ingredients. In Colombia every region has its own version of Tamales Colombianos.
Learn how to prepare Tamales Colombianos, detailed pictorial and video guide to make your awesome Tamales Colombianos from your kitchen.
Tamales Colombianos – Colombian Tamales
Tamales Colombianos is a traditional Colombian food made with corn flour and fresh ground corn that is wrapped in a corn husk. The tamale is usually steamed or cooked in boiling water. Tamales are a Colombian tradition and are eaten just like Spanish omelets.
Tamales Colombianos is an Andean food. In fact, it is one of the most popular meals in the country. It is similar to what we call a burrito. It is made from corn flour and it has both meat and vegetables. If you are looking for some good Colombian foods, then this blog is for you.
Tamales Colombianos exist in a variety of presentations and forms, with varied ingredients depending on where you go. Some are square, while others are rectangular or have a top knot. Some have rice, while others have dough or a mixture of rice and dough; some have peas, while others have not; some have hogao, while others do not. Meats of various sorts are also used. Some have whole chickens, while others have bits, while others have beef, pig, bacon, or all of the above. The tamales eaten in the country’s center are similarly wrapped in banana leaves and tied at the top with a string or string.
Colombian tamales are often loaded with two primary ingredients: meat (beef, hog, or chicken) and “la masa,” a maize mush. Sliced potatoes, peas, chickpeas, sliced carrots, rice, hard-boiled eggs, and other vegetables may be included, depending on the region.
Tamales Colombianos Recipe
The recipe for these Colombian tamales changes depending on where you are in the country. Some are wrapped in banana leaf and filled with various meats such as pork and chicken. They are usually prepared with corn and can be mixed with rice. It is often seasoned with cumin and color, which is known in Mexico as achiote.
Here you have simple and straightforward instructions, step.by step directions on how to prepare Tamales Colombianos. Also, tamales colombianos ingredients list and tips.
Recipe: Tamales Colombianos Recipe
Author: Chef Service
Average rating: 4.8 of 5.0 from 2653 reviews
Tags: tamales colombianos, tamales colombianos recipe, tamales colombianos food, how to make tamales colombianos, tamales colombianos recipe video, easy method of making tamales colombianos, video on how to prepare tamales colombianos, how to prepare tamales colombianos, tamales colombianos instructions video, tamales colombianos recipe methods, tamales colombianos recipe tips, tamales colombianos recipe pictures, tamales colombianos food photos, tamales colombianos step by step instructions, tamales colombianos cooking methods, tamales colombianos methods, tamales colombianos cooking directions, colombian tamales, colombian tamales recipe
About: Tamales Colombianos recipe guide. How to make Colombian tamales. Learn how to make your authentic food, tamales colombianos.
Tamales Colombianos Ingredients List
Here you have all the list of ingredients for making Tamales Colombianos. Directions and how to prepare tamales colombianos follows after.
- ½ white onion
- 4 green onions, stalks only
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp food coloring/all-purpose seasoning (Triguisar, Sazón Goya or
- homemade )
- 3 cups (720 ml) water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ white onion, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, stalks only, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes without seeds, finely chopped
- 1 tsp food coloring/all-purpose seasoning (Triguisar, Sazón Goya or homemade )
- 1 chicken bouillon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½-1 (120-240 ml) cup water
- 1 lb pork belly, cut into 15 pieces
- 15 small pork ribs
- 15 chicken pieces (drumsticks, thighs, breasts, wings)
- 4 medium red potatoes peeled, cut into slices and soaked in water with salt and color
- 3 medium carrots peeled, cut into slices and soaked in water with salt and color
- 15 sprigs Italian parsley
- 2 cups (16 oz) cooked chick peas (I usually use one can)
- 1 lb Colombian longaniza, Colombian chorizo or kielbasa cut into 15 pieces
- 8 cups (1.89 liters) water
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 chicken bouillon
- 1 tbsp food coloring/all-purpose seasoning (Triguisar, Sazón Goya or homemade )
- Salt to taste
- 1½ lb pre-cooked white corn meal
- 1 cup (150 g) frozen or raw sweet peas
- 3-4 16 oz bags frozen banana leaves
- Butcher string Marinade
Tamales Colombianos recipe step by step
Tamales Colombianos recipe instructions! Here you have all the step by step information on preparation of tamales colombianos. Easy to follow directions on how to prepare tamales colombianos recipe below.
Below is a simple recipe for the most hearty tamales colombianos. The recipe is very simple and you can prepare it in no time. You can as well watch the video that follows later for a step-by-step preparation. This video will guide you to a delicious meal.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all of the marinade ingredients the night before.
- Add the marinade to the pork belly, pork ribs, and chicken pieces in big resealable plastic bags or large plastic bowls. Refrigerate overnight, covered.
- If you’re using frozen banana leaves, you can defrost them overnight in the refrigerator.
- The next day, gently remove the banana leaves from the sack and cut them into 20-inch-long rectangles (50 cm).
- Using a moist cloth or paper towel, clean both sides of each leaf. If the leaves are stiff and fresh, you can soften them by passing them over a low or medium low stove heat for a few seconds.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into thick slices before placing them in a medium dish of water. If desired, season the water with salt and all-purpose spices to taste.
- Carrots should be peeled and cut into slices before being placed in water in a small container. If desired, season the water with salt to taste.
- To make the guiso, or seasoned sauce, follow these steps: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add the onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until transparent. Cook for another 1-2 minutes after adding the green onions and garlic. Reduce the heat to low and cook the red bell pepper and tomatoes for 8-10 minutes, or until the veggies are tender.
- Combine the all-purpose seasoning, chicken bouillon, and salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. To thin it out, stir well and add around 1 to 2 cups of water.
- To create the masa (dough), follow these steps: In a large pot, combine the water for the masa, onion powder, garlic powder, chicken bouillon, all-purpose seasoning, and salt. On the burner, heat the water without bringing it to a boil. Then, with a spatula or a wooden spoon, gradually add the pre-cooked corn meal, stirring constantly until it resembles thick oatmeal. You can add more water if the masa becomes too dry. Remove the masa from the heat and toss in the peas thoroughly.
- To make the tamales, place two banana leaves (or more if needed) in a cross shape on top of each other. Make sure the underside (the grooved or veined side) is facing up and the top (smooth) side is facing down.
- With a spoon, spread about 14-12 cup of masa over the leaf.
- 1 tbsp guiso on top of the masa
- Place a parsley sprig on top of the guiso.
- 2 potato pieces and 2 carrot slices should be placed in the masa.
- Add 3–4 tablespoons chick peas
- Over the masa, place 1 piece of longaniza, 1 pork rib, 1 piece of pork belly, and 1 piece of chicken. You can top it with additional masa if you wish.
- Close the tamal by tucking the leaf’s sides into the center and folding the top and bottom sides in as well to form a packet. Butcher string should be used to tie everything together. Repeat the process with each and every tamal.
- Fill 14 of a large pot (tamalera) with water and season with salt to make the tamales. Then, to keep the tamales from contacting the bottom or the water, set a steam rack inside the pot and bring the water to a boil. If you don’t have a steam rack, you can fill the pot with sticks, small rocks, or leftover banana leaves instead.
- Place the tamales one on top of the other on the steam rack and steam for about 2 hours on low heat. Check the water level every 30 minutes to avoid it completely evaporating.
- Remove the tamales from the oven and set aside for a few minutes before serving.
Tamales Colombianos food images
These are few tamales colombianos food photos. Carefully taken Tamales Colombianos food pictures evoking the tamales colombianos’s best traits and its inherent deliciousness. With high quality colors and textures of the dish celebrated enormously.
Video on How to make Tamales Colombianos
Watch the video know-how of Tamales Colombianos. Have a audio-visual clue and in depth explanations on how to make tamales colombianos. Below is the video on how to prepare tamales colombianos.
Learn how to make tamales colombianos. How to make Colombian tamales. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic tamales colombianos.
As much as possible, you have to take care of your health. Eat healthy food, drink lots of water, exercise, and have a positive outlook on life. If you don’t have a positive outlook, you will never get better. And don’t forget to find time for yourself. There is always time in the day to take care of yourself.
How to make Tamales Colombianos, endnote
I hope you enjoyed this post on how to make tamales colombianos!
In this article, we gave you a basic understanding of what tamales colombianos is and the steps involved in making it. We hope you enjoyed learning about tamales colombianos! To learn more, or to see other recipes that we have available, please visit our website today! Give this recipe a try today!
Get out there and try something new today! If you have any other questions or comments about preparing tamales colombianos, please contact us anytime at here.
If you liked it, please feel free to share it with your friends and family. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below as well.
Thank you for reading, we truly appreciate it!
Thanks for taking out the time to see this nice tamales colombianos recipe. I believe you will be trying it out very soon or you’re just right in the process now. Do like, share and follow us for more.
Once again, let us know your thoughts on Tamales Colombianos recipe by leaving a comment below.