Negitoro recipe! A complete How to make negitoro, recipe with list of negitoro ingredients, food pictures and video on how to prepare negitoro food. Easy as a-b-c negitoro food instructions and chef notes.
Negitoro recipe step by step instructions, list of negitoro ingredients, easy negitoro food directions, all from GlobalChefService.com
Negitoro is leftover tuna that can’t be sliced into sashimi slices with green onions because it’s too thick. Negitoro Sushi (gunkan-style – the nori is wrapped around the rice and resembles a battle fish) is a popular Negitoro dish. Negitoro Donburi and Negitoro Gunkan Maki (thin sushi rolls).
Negitoro is no doubt one of the most popular dishes in the world. But what makes it so popular? What makes negitoro so good? It’s delicious and it’s one of the most amazing things you can eat. We highlight secrets behind making negitoro. We will cover almost everything you need to know about cooking negitoro. Here you will learn the exact ingredients needed to make negitoro including few chef notes and tips.
This is a complete Negitoro recipe article, use below links to jump to sections.
Have you tried the negitoro before? If you answered yes, you are aware of how great and tasty it is. But what if you have no idea how to make it? For your convenience, I’ve included a basic recipe guide.
SEO DESCRIPTION HERE
Learn how to prepare Negitoro, detailed pictorial and video guide to make your awesome Negitoro from your kitchen.
Tuna chopped with green onion is known as negitoro. It’s most commonly served as a sushi roll. Scraping around the bones and scrap bits of tuna are used to make the tuna.
Negitoro’s original name was negitoru. In Japanese, this means to scrape or chip away. Negitoro was eventually added to the name.
The original negitoro was donburi-style, which is still popular in Japan today. It’s made up of cooked rice with tuna minced and green onions on top. Shoyu (soy sauce), mirin, sake, dashi, and sugar are regularly used sauces.
In the United States, toro is nearly typically utilized to make this sushi classic. In Japan, though, it’s common to find a combination of tuna species. Bluefin or bigeye tuna will be used in the high-end versions. In cheaper negitoro, albacore and yellowfin tuna combined with oil is frequent.
Outside of Japan, the negitoro maki roll is the most popular. You can get it prepared in a few different ways. Also available are Hosomaki, which are thin sushi rolls encased in nori seaweed. This is most likely how a negitoro would be served if you ordered one in the United States.
Another awesome way to serve negitoro is Gunkan. Negitiro Gunkan means warship, as this spin-off of nigiri has the appearance of one. This style of sushi came about to hold soft or loose items over rice. And there is Temaki, or hand roll sushi, is another popular way to serve negitoro. It’s less formal but fun to eat.
Then there’s Negitoro Donburi, the first negitoro. Negitoro donburi with toro is a rare find. It’s usually a mix of lean bluefin tuna (akami) and bigeye tuna. Albacore and yellowfin tuna are used in the less expensive varieties. To give richness to these tunas, oil is frequently used.
Here you have simple and straightforward instructions, step.by step directions on how to prepare Negitoro. Also, negitoro ingredients list and tips.
Recipe: Negitoro Recipe
Author: Chef Service
Average rating: 4.8 of 5.0 from 921 reviews
Tags: negitoro, negitoro recipe, negitoro food, how to make negitoro, negitoro recipe video, easy method of making negitoro, video on how to prepare negitoro, how to prepare negitoro, negitoro instructions video, negitoro recipe methods, negitoro recipe tips, negitoro recipe pictures, negitoro food photos, negitoro step by step instructions, negitoro cooking methods, negitoro methods, negitoro cooking directions
About: Negitoro recipe guide. Learn how to make your authentic food, negitoro.
Negitoro Ingredients List
Here you have all the list of ingredients for making Negitoro. Directions and how to prepare negitoro follows after.
- 11.5 ounces short grain sushi rice
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounches otoro, minced into paste
- 2 scallions finely minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 pack unseasoned nori for sushi
- 1 bamboo makisu (bamboo matt for rolling sushi)
Negitoro recipe step by step
Negitoro recipe instructions! Here you have all the step by step information on preparation of negitoro. Easy to follow directions on how to prepare negitoro recipe below.
Below is a simple recipe for the most hearty negitoro. The recipe is very simple and you can prepare it in no time. You can as well watch the video that follows later for a step-by-step preparation. This video will guide you to a delicious meal.
- Wash the rice in a strainer until the water is virtually clear before making the sushi rice. Drain and combine with the water in a heavy-bottomed pot. Bring the water to a boil in the pot, then cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low, setting a timer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the burner when the timer goes off and leave the rice to steam for another 10 minutes, without opening the cover.
- Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. When the rice is done, place it in a large mixing basin and pour the vinegar mixture over it. Fold the vinegar into the rice with a big spatula and a fan while chilling the mixture.
- Incorporate the minced toro, 3/4 of the scallions, and the sesame seeds in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Dip your fingers in a small dish of water to keep the rice from sticking to them.
- Place the nori on the bamboo matt with the shiny side down.
- Wet your fingertips and spread a thin coating of rice on the nori, about 3/4 of the way up. The rice will be sticky, but wet your hands again and gently press the rice outward with your fingertips to thin it out. Avoid overworking the rice or it may become mushy.
- From one end to the other, spread negitoro around the edge of the rice closest to you.
- Roll the bamboo mat’s edge up and over the filling by hooking your thumbs below it. The negitoro will not stay in place if you squeeze the roll at this stage.
- Continue rolling the sushi, being careful not to roll the mat with it. Give the roll a thorough squeeze from all sides after you’ve reached the end to establish the form of the rice. You should have a slightly square roll in the end.
- Score the roll at the midpoint with a very sharp long knife (a sushi knife is perfect), then score the middle of each half, then the middle of each quarter (you should have 8 segments).
Negitoro food images
These are few negitoro food photos. Carefully taken Negitoro food pictures evoking the negitoro’s best traits and its inherent deliciousness. With high quality colors and textures of the dish celebrated enormously.
Video on How to make Negitoro
Watch the video know-how of Negitoro. Have a audio-visual clue and in depth explanations on how to make negitoro. Below is the video on how to prepare negitoro.
Learn how to make negitoro. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic negitoro.
As much as possible, you have to take care of your health. Eat healthy food, drink lots of water, exercise, and have a positive outlook on life. If you don’t have a positive outlook, you will never get better. And don’t forget to find time for yourself. There is always time in the day to take care of yourself.
How to make Negitoro, endnote
I hope you enjoyed this post on how to make negitoro!
In this article, we gave you a basic understanding of what negitoro is and the steps involved in making it. We hope you enjoyed learning about negitoro! To learn more, or to see other recipes that we have available, please visit our website today! Give this recipe a try today!
Get out there and try something new today! If you have any other questions or comments about preparing negitoro, please contact us anytime at here.
If you liked it, please feel free to share it with your friends and family. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below as well.
Thank you for reading, we truly appreciate it!
Thanks for taking out the time to see this nice negitoro recipe. I believe you will be trying it out very soon or you’re just right in the process now. Do like, share and follow us for more.
Once again, let us know your thoughts on Negitoro recipe by leaving a comment below.