Carne con Papas recipe! A complete How to make carne con papas, recipe with list of carne con papas ingredients, food pictures and video on how to prepare carne con papas food. Easy as a-b-c carne con papas food instructions and chef notes.
Carne con Papas recipe step by step instructions, list of carne con papas ingredients, easy carne con papas food directions, all from GlobalChefService.com
Carne con papas means “beef with potatoes” in English. The ingredients are comparable to those in a beef stew, although this one is saucy rather than soupy.
Recently, I participated in the annual Cheesecake Factory Blogger Appreciation Week. I enjoyed a couple of great meals here, including their classic carne con papas. Carne con papas is a traditional Colombian dish which translates to “meat with potatoes”. While this dish can be prepared in a wide variety of ways, I have always enjoyed it with a generous dollop of fresh cola. For my blog on this occasion, I decided to share my favorite carne con papas recipe.
Carne Con Papas is a traditional Cuban dish that is a must-try whether you are in Santo Domingo or in the US. It is a simple beef stew with Cuban or Mexican flair. In this blog post, we will talk about the history of the dish, different ways to prepare it, and give some tips on how you can make the perfect carne con papas.
It’s delicious and it’s one of the most amazing things you can eat.
This is a complete Carne con Papas recipe article, use below links to jump to sections.
Have you tried the carne con papas before? If you answered yes, you are aware of how great and tasty it is. But what if you have no idea how to make it? For your convenience, I’ve included a basic recipe guide.
The perfect family supper is Carne con Papas (Potatoes with Beef sauce). Cooked in a thick, flavorful tomato sauce that will have you licking your plate clean! A tasty complement to your weeknight and weekend dinner menus.
Learn how to prepare Carne con Papas, detailed pictorial and video guide to make your awesome Carne con Papas from your kitchen.
Carne con Papas – Beef Sauce Potatoes
The term carne con papas translates to ‘meat with potatoes’ and is a traditional Colombian food. It’s very simple to make, delicious and much loved by kids.
This delectable beef stew with potatoes is the Cuban equivalent of the Spanish picadillo.
Carne de papas employs pieces of beef instead of ground meat, like in the classic picadillo. Carne with papas sauce differs from picadillo sauce in that it includes items like as raisins, olives, peppers, and even capers, in addition to the usual sofrito foundation.
Carne con papas or beef and potatoes is a dish that is served in many countries in Latin America and is a very popular dish in the Dominican Republic. It is usually served with rice, beans and fried plantains.
To make your carne con papas, the first thing we will do is gather all the ingredients to start preparing the Cuban stew. The beef shank is a cut of meat, especially for stews, also known as longtail. Wash the vegetables (potatoes, peppers, chives) and the orange. We peel the garlic. In a container we place the meat in pieces. Separately, blend half the red pepper and half the green pepper, the garlic and chives, and the red onion. Let it be well ground.
After we have ground the above ingredients, we pour it into the beef and let it marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator. We put a pressure cooker on the fire, when it is hot, add the olive oil, and brown the meat together with the sauce. Add the tomato sauce, wine or beer, and bay leaves. We grind the cumin, oregano and peppers and pour it into our stew. We cover the pot and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Costillas de Puerco Recipe: How to Make Pork Ribs
- Garnachas Recipe: How to Make Mexican Garnacha
- Milk Steak Recipe: How to Make Charlie Milksteak
After 10 minutes, we turn off the heat and let the pressure in the pot drop. We uncover and add the potatoes . If necessary we add more beer or a little water. Cover again and cook for 10 more minutes.
Later we turn off the fire, let the pressure come off, uncover and check for salt and check that the sauce is thick and the potatoes are cooked. If necessary, let it cook a little without covering it. We serve the meat with Cuban-style potatoes and enjoy our stew. Do not hesitate and accompany this dish with white rice or Cuban black beans.
Carne con Papas Recipe
Here you have simple and straightforward instructions, step.by step directions on how to prepare Carne con Papas. Also, carne con papas ingredients list and tips.
Recipe: Carne con Papas Recipe
Cuisine: Mexican, Cuban
Author: Chef Service
Average rating: 4.8 of 5.0 from 957 reviews
Tags: carne con papas, carne con papas recipe, carne con papas food, how to make carne con papas, carne con papas recipe video, easy method of making carne con papas, video on how to prepare carne con papas, how to prepare carne con papas, carne con papas instructions video, carne con papas recipe methods, carne con papas recipe tips, carne con papas recipe pictures, carne con papas food photos, carne con papas step by step instructions, carne con papas cooking methods, carne con papas methods, carne con papas cooking directions
About: Carne con Papas recipe guide. Cuban-style potatoes with beef sauce. Learn how to make your authentic food, carne con papas.
Carne con Papas Ingredients List
Carne con papas is a classic dish for most South American countries. The main ingredients are minced beef, potatoes, and papas. This recipe doesn’t use lots of spices and is very easy to prepare.
Here you have all the list of ingredients for making Carne con Papas. Directions and how to prepare carne con papas follows after.
- 1½ pound beef cut into 1-2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt plus extra if needed at the end
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-2 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup white wine
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced small
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pound potato peeled and cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 large carrot cut into roughly ½ inch rounds
- ½ cup pitted spanish olives
Carne con Papas recipe step by step
Carne con Papas recipe instructions! Here you have all the step by step information on preparation of carne con papas. Easy to follow directions on how to prepare carne con papas recipe below.
Below is a simple recipe for the most hearty carne con papas. The recipe is very simple and you can prepare it in no time. You can as well watch the video that follows later for a step-by-step preparation. This video will guide you to a delicious meal.
- Season the beef with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a casserole, large pot, or deep pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the steak after the oil is heated. Arrange it in a single layer in the baking pan.
- Cook the beef chunks for about 10 minutes, rotating and browning each piece. Remove the steak from the saucepan and turn off the heat in the pan. Keep heated on a platter or in a pan.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat and add the onions. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring regularly, until they begin to soften and become transparent.
- While the meat is cooking, puree the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and a cup of chicken broth in your blender. Puree until the sauce is smooth.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring virtually constantly, with the garlic, tomato paste, cumin, oregano, and pepper in the pan.
- Stir in the white wine while scraping any stray bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook for another 2 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir the mixture constantly.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, water, and bay leaf in the pot.
- Return the meat to the pot, along with any juices that have gathered on the plate. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the sauce after it has returned to a simmer.
- Cook for 15 minutes, stirring only once or twice. Maintain a low simmer in the sauce. Reduce the heat if it is boiling too quickly.
- Remove the lid from the pot and mix the beef and sauce together quickly. Combine the potatoes, carrots, and olives in a large mixing bowl. Raise the heat to medium-high and bring the sauce to a low boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook the meat and potatoes, stirring periodically, for 25-30 minutes over medium-low to low heat, or until the potatoes and carrots are fork soft. Reduce the heat slightly if the sauce is boiling too quickly.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf. Taste the sauce and season with salt if necessary.
- Serve the carne con papas with rice.
Carne con Papas food images
These are few carne con papas food photos. Carefully taken Carne con Papas food pictures evoking the carne con papas’s best traits and its inherent deliciousness. With high quality colors and textures of the dish celebrated enormously.
Video on How to make Carne con Papas
Watch the video know-how of Carne con Papas. Have a audio-visual clue and in depth explanations on how to make carne con papas. Below is the video on how to prepare carne con papas.
Learn how to make carne con papas. Cuban-style potatoes with beef sauce. This is a video on how to prepare fantastic carne con papas.
As much as possible, you have to take care of your health. Eat healthy food, drink lots of water, exercise, and have a positive outlook on life. If you don’t have a positive outlook, you will never get better. And don’t forget to find time for yourself. There is always time in the day to take care of yourself.
How to make Carne con Papas, endnote
I hope you enjoyed this post on how to make carne con papas!
This is a recipe for Carne con Papas that will make your mouth water. An authentic dish, this recipe is not only delicious but also healthy. Carne con Papas has many nutritional benefits. The most important aspect of this dish is how it’s prepared. It is very easy to make with the right ingredients and steps! Give this recipe a try today!
Get out there and try something new today! If you have any other questions or comments about preparing carne con papas, please contact us anytime at here.
If you liked it, please feel free to share it with your friends and family. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below as well.
Thank you for reading, we truly appreciate it!
Thanks for taking out the time to see this nice carne con papas recipe. I believe you will be trying it out very soon or you’re just right in the process now. Do like, share and follow us for more.
Once again, let us know your thoughts on Carne con Papas recipe by leaving a comment below.